Wednesday, August 31, 2016


“I’m sorry if I seem uninterested.”

Lyrically speaking, “Here” shows off flexibility, from thoughtful, intricate phrases to slang being placed perfectly thrown in between these phrases. In a moment of release, Cara reveals what it is she’d really rather be up to, “But honestly I’d rather be somewhere with my people, we can kick it and just listen to some music with a message, like we usually do. And we’ll discuss our big dreams, how we plan to take over the planet. So pardon my manners, I hope you’ll understand that I’ll be here.” 
Vocally, she practically laments being at this party. She may describe the situation as being unimpressed, but her power conveys agony.There’s plenty of tension, but it’s so satisfying. I’m most excited to share about the background vocals, which I can only describe as tortured harmonies.
“Here” disrupts anything that’s currently running the radio cycle right now, filling a void for all of us who feel too much to be succumbed to mindless chatter and drunken nights. Can’t wait to hear more from the songstress. 
Musically yours,
Priscysinger1

originally posted on 28 sep 15 at 10pm on tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment