Friday, June 27, 2014

Do Re Mi.

Music is really. really. really. important to me. Really. As in, I cannot express it enough.

One of the ways I go about expressing it is by purchasing it. (Most of the time its bargain hunting, but still I pay for it.) FYE is one of my favorite stores, when I thrift shop the first stop is the vinyl section, I recently declared my music minor, and I'm interning at a newspaper called the Aquarian, which focuses on music, live performances, and the music industry.

So I'm constantly thinking about music.

And mixing in my anthropology, I like thinking of music in a social context.

I've taken an interest in ethnomusicology. Which is the study of a culture through its music. Or the study of music from a cultural perspective.

I went to a performing arts high school, so when I went to college I thought I was moving past music so I didn't enroll in any music classes. I went insane. I experienced a depression due to my separation from music. And I was able to see just how much I need it in my life.

And while I don't have any art, or music playlists to share with this blog post... I just wanted to share a very important part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment