Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Scandal

We're Hell Raising and We Don't Need Saving Cause There's No Salvation For A Bad Girl

This week I'm thinking about women in the media who are causing a ruckus.

I've got Natalia Kills - Problem on repeat. Lena Dunham's on the cover of Vogue. Jennifer Lawrence speaks about underarm hair publicly.

The girls are shaking things up in Hollywood.

And I love it.
As the Laurel Thatcher Ulrich quote goes, "Well-behaved women seldom make history."

Its great to be a bad girl. But I believe the best part of this mindset lies not in the ego-feeding aspect (which I don't think is a bad thing, lets feed the ego of female gender.) but rather the richest skill lies in the audacity to challenge the status quo. We should be challenging society and norms. Life's more interesting that way honestly.

Let us not be stale and flat characters, but people who are dynamic and vigorous.

Here's a mix of the music that has helped me channel my own inner "Bad Girl".



No comments:

Post a Comment