Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Escapism

So lately, I've been looking everywhere for inspiration. During my school breaks, I typically go into a phase of what I feel is escapism. I watch videos, read articles, magazines, books, listen to music, I spend a lot of time in my room, and searching the internet for new inspiration for the things I want to create. I get back to me, I simplify what I do and really get back to my dream world. I spend a lot of time with my imagination. This break, I'm really looking at what people are doing. I already follow a few cosplayers/make up artists/musicians/creative people that I love, and now I am expanding that. I really want to enter this world of living as a creative person.

Traci Hines, one of my fave creative people that I admire and follow, posted a video.... Which you should totally watch (and I'll make it easy for you by placing the vid below) featuring herself and some other lovely youtube ladies. And since I love Traci, Disney, and the video it was inspired by, I had to watch!


So as I am watching the vid I say wow these are talented girls, where does Traci find all these amazing people to help her create so many awesome things? And when the video is ending, I notice that all of the girls have youtube channels as well! So I decided to check them all out, because I'm all into finding creative people doing big things! And I've been watching these girls do their thing, and am really inspired by them! I want to wear what I want, and sing, and create videos, and just be immersed into imagination and inspiration.

Included in the youtubers, is the costume designers behind the fashion! I've started following a lot of the costuming companies the ladies love as well. Firefly Path is one of my favorites.
And its funny how theyre ALL connected! Its like a small magical world over there in LA! I hope to find people into fantasy and costuming here on the East Coast, and I'm sure there are, I just haven't been looking in the right places.

I'm in the heart of my escapism. Again. And thats my dilemma. I go in and out of this world. I honestly, just want to live in my creativity, by letting fantasy inspire my outfits and life, and doing what I love all the time, not just in my room. I want to be confident enough to step out into the world and reveal my pink fantabulous self, with no pretense!

Welp. here's a cute video as well.

I love these people because theyre not afraid to be who they want to be! And expression has no boundaries! LOVE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment