Monday, July 30, 2012

Band Against Bullying

A concert to promote anti-bullying!




So what can make a concert where bands get together and raise awareness against bullying even more awesome?
The fact that its held at the legendary BB King's Blues Club and Grill in NYC? Check
The fact they gave away a guitar signed by all the performers to a lucky fan? Check
The fact that its free? Check!

Well, if you're thinking, "I want to go!" unfortunately, it happened already, but don't worry! They announced that it would be the first of many to come!

This concert took place last Friday, July 20th.
It was sponsered by Secret Mean Stinks, partnered with z100, Akoo, & Ourstage.


The awesome, talented line up went as follows:

Bean (@noellebean),
Kicking Daisies (@kickingdaisies),
Tim Halperin (@timhalperin),

Hot Chelle Rae (@hotchellerae),
and the show was closed with youtube sensation twin sisters Megan and Liz (@meganandliz)
The show was hosted by Trey Morgan (@itsTreyMorgan) and Carla Marie (@theCarlaMarie) from z100.

To get in all you had to do was RSVP to put your name on the list, and print out an email (I forgot to do this, which made us stand in line to get in with those who hadn't RSVP'ed, but they checked the list and I was on it, so the problem was resolved and we were let in!)

I was so happy to be able to take my close friend Anadin to her first concert!

We then got to meet some of the members of Kicking Daisies!
Here we have Richie, Vocalist from Kicking Daisies and Anadin!
(I forgot to put flash on when taking Anadin's picture, oopsie!)
This is Ben from Kicking Daisies who plays the guitar and the piano, and me!
The tshirt I'm wearing was given to us to promote Mean Stinks!



Concerts are a huge part of my life, and I seriously had missed all the fun of them since my last one last September on Fashion's Night Out at Sak's. (How many people get to say they went to a concert at Sak's 5th Ave? At the men's department at that. Hahaha!)
I was so glad to hear about this, and I RSVP'ed as soon as I could. I love Hot Chelle Rae, this was my second time seeing them live! I got to see them back in 2010 for the first time. I must say, Ian is beautiful!

I loved seeing the rest of the acts too!

Bean is so fun, energetic, and girl has GREAT vocals. Check out her song, "Cops and Robbers," it will be stuck in your head!

Kicking Daisies was a great band to rock out to, and super cute too! Half of them are from Wyckoff, NJ which is where my favorite band of brothers, the Jonas Brothers are from, and is a quick drive from me! Jersey! Woo! Theyre song, "Bows and Arrows," had me jamming along!

Tim Halperin's performance was extremely heartfelt! I loved hearing him. He was so honest, spoke about the meaning of his songs, and wasn't afraid to open up. He is a songwriter after all, so it was no surprise to hear him speak so openly about love! What stuck out to me was his voice, so rich and soulful, major swoon! Maybe you recognize him from American Idol Season 10!

Hot Chelle Rae was so great! They played three songs and snuck in a cover! They played Tonight Tonight, I Like It Like That, covered The Fresh Prince's theme song, and came back out for one more song, Honestly! I was SO jamming out when I heard, "In West Philadelphia, born and raised..." They did not disappoint, and had just gotten off-stage from their Today Show Summer Concert! They put on a great show!

Megan and Liz are twin sisters, who have become youtube sensations, and have used their song, "Are You Happy Now" to spread awareness against anti-bullying, hence why they were asked to headline this concert! They played four songs, including one I loved, "Princess Charming," their anti-bullying anthem, "Are You Happy Now," and others. They were so surprised at the fans reaction. They were a pair of sweet, humble girls.

I look forward to all the rocking concerts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment